I’m always excited to bring you new AirFryer recipes, but today even more so because today’s recipe is something that actually can’t be done with traditional deep oil frying, but it’s made possible by the hot air cooking technology from the AirFryer.
If there is one down side to traditional frying is that marinating doesn’t really make that much sense. Your food might get a little flavor from the marinating sauce, but most of it will just be removed by the hot oil. This goes for BBQ chicken too. If you want to prepare some traditional BBQ chicken wings you’ll only be able to add you BBQ sauce after you cook the wings if you decide to fry them, which is ok, but we all know that sauce is a hundred times better when it’s also cooked for a little while.
Well with the AirFryer you can actually deep your wings into the BBQ sauce while they are being cooked instead of just adding the sauce at the end.
This recipe is for an American classic, the Honey BBQ Chicken Wings. Something which has always been associated with outdoor grills and free time over the weekends, but that you can now enjoy in the comfort of your home every day if that’s what you want! All without the smoke and smell that comes with traditional frying or grilling.
- Chicken wings
- All-purpose flour
- Your favorite BBQ sauce (personaly I really like this BBQ sauce)
- Cut wings into three sections and discard the tip
- Add salt, pepper and flour and mix well until the wings are fully coated
- Preheat the AirFryer to 180ºC
- Put the wings into the frying basket and cook for 8 minutes at 180ºC
- Shake the frying basket so that the wings that were on top of each other move around and cook for another 5 minutes, this time at 200ºC, we want to make sure the chicken skin get crunchy
- Depending on the size of your wings you might want to cook them for another 5 minutes at this point. We are aiming for crispy roasted
- Now with a cooking brush paint the wings with the BBQ sauce. Don’t worry if the bottom side does not get any sauce at this point. Cook for 5 minutes at 180ºC.
- Shake the frying basket so that the wings move around and flip. Paint again with BBQ sauce. This time make sure that all wings are fully covered with sauce. Cook for another 3 minutes at 180ºC