French fries are great, but sweet potato fries are even better!
Sweet potato fries are just as easy to cook as regular potato french fries (which is really easy with the AirFryer!) but give your dishes a complete different look. Add a side of sweet potato fries to a burger, sausages, steak, or any other dish you would normally server with French fries and wait for people’s reaction. Some will even go as far as eating them without realizing what they are until they actually taste them!
Sweet potato fries will not only give a sophisticated edge to your traditional dishes, but they also taste great and can be seasoned in many different ways to appeal to any palate.
This basic sweet potato fries recipe is a great side dish to enjoy yourself or surprise your guests. It is also a great starting point for you to experiment with different seasonings until you find the perfect combination that makes your people keep coming back for more, because remember, since the AirFryer requires only a tiny portion of the oil that a similar deep frying recipe would require, this fries are not only delicious but also healthy!
- 1¾ pounds sweet potato
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small fries
- Put them in a bowl and mix them with the oil. If you can spray the oil instead of just adding it straight from the bottle you will actually need less oil than specified.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well
- Preheat the AirFryer to 160º and set the timer to 20 minutes
- Stir the sweet potatoes and set the timer to another 10 minutes at 180º. If at this point you feel like your sweet potato fries look dry you can spry a tiny bit more of oil before putting them back into the AirFryer.
If your AirFryer basket is too full you might want to stop and stir your sweet potato fries a couple more time during the cooking process to makes sure they are all cooked evenly and that they all get crispy on the outside.